Now China blames the US !!

Beijing says defence ministry and another site subjected to 1.7m attacks last year, two-thirds of which came from within America
Two Chinese military websites were subject to about 144,000 hacking attacks a month last year, almost two-thirds of which came from the US,China’s defence ministry has said.

Earlier this month the US security company, Mandiant, identified the Shanghai-based Unit 61398 of the Chinese army as the most likely culprits behind the hacking targeting the US, triggering a war of words between Washington and Beijing. China denied the allegations and said it was the victim.

Beijing has now provided some details for the first time of the alleged attacks from the US. “The defence ministry and China military online websites have faced a serious threat from hacking attacks since they were established, and the number of hacks has risen steadily in recent years,” said a ministry spokesman, Geng Yansheng, on Thursday.

“According to the IP addresses, the websites were, in 2012, hacked on average from overseas 144,000 times a month, of which attacks from the US accounted for 62.9%.”

“We hope that the US side can explain and clarify this,” he added.

Keeping the war of words between the mighty powers aside, whether the organizations prepared to secure their IT resources from hackers – cross border or employees – and manage the risk?

Advertisements